Game Idea Research

I have been looking at game mechanics and which ones could apply to the games I explained in my brainstorm last week. I feel like when it comes to game that is similar to subway surfers, running mechanics and jumping mechanics were incorporated. Therefore, I feel it would be useful if I implemented those mechanics into my game. This also applies to my haunted hide and seek game. However, in the haunted Hide and Seek game, I may also need to include a platformer to provide challenges for the player. For the educational game, I may just include walking mechanics. I could, however, include puzzles, quizzes and 

With the car racing game, I would include mechanics that are useful with car racing. The unity tutorials are giving me a head start when it comes to those mechanics. This would include Stimulation and Platformers.

Of all of these prssible thoughts, I will choose one idea. I think of all of the games I would like to focus on the running game. That will provide nearly all of the mechanics that I admitted I could use above. There is room for Running, Jumping, Items, Platformers and I could even use Stimulation if I wanted to include weapons or cars.

I feel that cutscenes and RPG (Role-playing games) would not provide much use to my games so I will not use them. However, there are plenty of Mechanics to use for the game.

Aspiring Game Designers, Here's Why You Need to Understand Game Mechanics (gamedesigning.org)

Comments

  1. hi emma i think your design will be good for your game and i hope it will be ready for you to show the class at the end of this semester. the running game is the best one that you have chosen because i myself love these type of game day back when i was younger i would have played game like subway and temple run. keep up the good work for semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts