Beta: My game

 


I almost have the game finished and I have a trailer for the game as well. I plan on having it fully finished on the 19th of December but I will highlight what I enjoyed about the game and what issues I have/ am having. 

My Issues: I am still struggling with the coding and have been for the past few weeks. I have looked at various tutorials from other Unity content creators and I would always end up with errors. Because this has happened so much, I came to the conclusion that It could be because of the fact that my unity has not been updated, I attempted to update it and it didn't funny work. Therefore, I decided to take it in baby steps. I also need to ensure my ball does not go off the track (it can still float off the track). I don't know how to do that as of yet however, but the game looks awkward so far because of that.


I can move my player around and have it pass the obstacles. However, I have not coded in a collision consequence yet. I do believe this is still a game, but I need to do more to it for next week. 


What I am happy with: I am happy with the fact that I can move my player from left to right, although I have to push the "Up" arrow key to move the ball as well, it is still satisfying that I have something.





Comments

  1. Hey Emma, That’s awesome that you are almost done with your game and well done on finishing the beta of it as it looks like your game has come along well and visually it looks good too. I hope that you resolve any issues that you have with your game in the next few weeks and that you accomplish everything that you’ve wanted for your game, but fair play for all that you have done so far and best of luck with the rest of it. I hope to see your game in action at some point or even get to play it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emma,
    Thank you for your feedback and for reviewing my game.
    To start off yours is interesting to play I had played similar game style before and played it for hours. I like the colors scheme you used. You better game is almost seem to be finished and hopefully you can reach in time I'm glad that you enjoyed making the game and of course there has to be some issues loading was really difficult because there's always going to be errors and I know you could have added a bit more if it wasn't for the errors in unity, it's good that you can at least move your player around and pass obstacles you will still have time to create a collision and make sure you can auto restart over there has to be a restart button to replay again make sure you have like a menu page pop up to say if you want to quit not.
    I don't know how to make a menu page where you click to exit out of the game but you could add a little button on corner and a page in front of your game appear to say restart , quit, resume. there is a YouTube video on that to help you code = https://youtu.be/tfzwyNS1LUY
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ
    One problem I can’t see the image but everything is goodಠ▃ಠ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Fantastic to see all of your progress on your game. Can’t wait to see how it all turns out in the end. This Semester has been tough but you have pulled through. Please be sure to send me a trailer of your game in the end. Can’t wait to test out your game. Will be my new addiction.

    -Robbie Cahill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emma , love to see your pushing through the issues and your able to come out on top. I love the concept and what you are trying to do. I have had similar issues and i have found that if you just perform multiple trial and errors / testing you'll be able to spot each issue one at a time.

    Moe -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts